D24 Turbocharger, 7391213
Bobcat turbochargers force air into the cylinders, helping the engine produce more power. The air is filtered through the pipes and components of the turbocharger, giving you quieter and smoother engine noise.
There are three main failure modes for turbochargers:
Turbo shaft fault
- Potential Causes: poor lubrication, foreign material from intake air, defective shaft/bearing, oil leak from shaft bearing
- Symptoms: No engine power, fluctuating rpm, hard starting, black smoke, noise from turbo
Poor/faulty waste-gate actuator (stuck wastegate, broken wastegate linkage)
- Potential Causes: Foreign material from intake air, abnormal blow-by-gas, defective actuator
- Symptoms: No engine power, fluctuating rpm, black smoke, emission control fail
Intake air/exhaust gas leaking
- Potential Causes: Damaged hoses & clamps, faulty gaskets, faulty turbo shaft bearing/seal
- Symptoms: No engine power, fluctuating rpm, black smoke, emission control fail, noise of air/gas leaking
Parts can vary depending on your serial number. Check the Bobcat Online Parts Catalog to ensure the correct part for your equipment.
Skid Steer Loaders: S76
Track Loaders: T76